Nigerian singer Seun Kuti has revealed that he renovated the Panti cell, including its toilet, floor, walls, and shower, as part of his charitable efforts. He expressed his hope that individuals, including Naira Marley and others who might find themselves there, would benefit from the improvements he made.
In a recent video, Seun Kuti listed the various changes he implemented in the Panti cell since his release, showcasing his commitment to improving the conditions for detainees.
Naijalegit previously reported on Seun Kuti’s arrest, which occurred after he was captured slapping a police officer. Reflecting on his actions after leaving prison, he shared, “Some things I did that I didn’t announce, but it’s important for me to talk about them here. It could be you tomorrow.”
Seun Kuti revealed that upon leaving the Panti cell, he took the initiative to improve its conditions. He financed the renovation of the cell, which included changing the toilet, shower, and painting the walls, all paid for out of his own pocket. He did this because he recognized the possibility of ending up there again in the future.
He also mentioned Naira Marley in the context of his charitable efforts, considering that the Nigerian singer is currently detained in connection to the assault of Mohbad.
The comments section of the post has since been filled with opinions and reactions from concerned individuals.
Here are some reactions to Seun Kuti’s actions:
- Kay: “See as he finalize it, he can still be back there tomorrow, this guy nah Mafia, him no Dey fear at all.”
- Austine Abah: “I can see that Seun is a real son of his dad. fearless.”
- Wezzy Remymartins: “Baba you’re too much at least if God lets him come out, he can do the same thing.”
- adetunjiadeyinkaj: “Original son of his father! Omo to ekun ba bi ekun lo n Jo. Baba Fela would be proud of you, fearless Kuti.”
- tosin.07: “Hmm true talk but better. God help Nigeria. I love Nigeria.”
- Dee: “Is true, I have said b4, all dis politicians nd to daame because dey may end up there..lol.”
- Sunkie: “Hahahaha I was thinking maybe you knew you were going back, then you said it.”
[Watch the video in the original post below]