Adewunmi Fatai Shifau, known as Glitters Touch, a popular Nollywood makeup artist, has criticized Kemi Olunloyo for spreading false information about the late singer Mohbad’s residence. According to the investigative journalist, Mohbad had allegedly received Naira Marley’s payment of N300 million in song royalties before his untimely demise. Kemi claimed that he had established his company, Imonelization, purchased a N175 million house, and was on the verge of buying a N40 million SUV.
Kemi further alleged that Mohbad had misled those around him by claiming to be renting the house, when, in fact, he had purchased it and had CCTV installed, which was subsequently disconnected.
In his response, Adewunmi Fatai clarified that the singer had purchased the house from her sister, and it was, in fact, on rent. She sternly warned Kemi Olunloyo to cease spreading false rumors and expressed her frustration with curses.
She addressed Kemi, saying, “Aunty Kemi Olunloyo is a foolish woman, abeg. Did you sell the 175-million-naira house to Mohbad when he was alive? Oniro oshi! Agbaya jati jati. The house belongs to my madam/my sister; she only rented it out for them. Stop spreading fake rumors, Aunty Kemi, and you bloggers, oniro. Always find your truth before posting. Bye.”
Adewunmi Fatai’s statement sparked a range of reactions, with some supporting her and others challenging her claims. Here are some of the comments from social media users:
- One Dollar Boy wrote, “But there is a ‘sold’ tag on the house. I don’t believe you.”
- One Mama Kay Collection wrote, “They are trying their hardest to pin his death on the wife. The wife that has been with him when he was Promise the Carpenter.”
- One King Fortunate wrote, “Aunty Kemi, who is known for her controversial statements, questioned Adewunmi Fatai’s credibility.”
- One Gold Desire questioned the relationship between Adewunmi Fatai and her sister regarding the ownership of the house.
- One Loui Wells raised a concern about a “sold” tag on the house and its ownership.
- One Prestige Canada expressed frustration with people believing in false claims and urged for transparency through the presentation of receipts and agreements.
- One Rommy Top4real suggested that providing receipts and agreements could clarify the situation.
- One Shakira Bags noticed the unusual nature of Adewunmi Fatai’s response and questioned the credibility of the claims.
- One Beolad Creations voiced concerns about people who unquestioningly believe Kemi Olunloyo’s statements.
- One Rejoice requested evidence of the alleged 300 million naira settlement from Naira Marley to Mohbad.