Desola Afod, the wife of Nollywood actor and film producer Kunle Afod, recently shared her perspective on life as a celebrity spouse during the celebration of his 50th birthday. She candidly acknowledged that their marriage hasn’t always been a walk in the park, especially given his involvement in the theater industry.
However, she made a solemn vow never to divorce her husband, who is also the father of her children. She expressed gratitude for his acceptance of her, his love despite her imperfections, and his support for her individuality.
Desola Afod shared, “My marriage to Kunle Afod hasn’t been easy. Marrying someone in the theater, unless you’re lying, isn’t easy. But I had vowed never to divorce him and would endure whatever comes with it. There’s something people don’t know about my husband; he doesn’t like trouble. Afod allowed me to be me, a man who allows his woman to do what she likes is a real man.
Thank you for all you do for me, for tolerating me, for allowing me to be me. I love you so much.” You can read more about her thoughts on being a celebrity wife at this link: [Link to Article].
In the comments section, Desola Afod received praise for her strength and supportive role as a wife. Here are some of the comments:
- Tawtevic wrote, “She truly endured, and I admire how she improved herself.”
- Abiolu Olubi commented, “Any husband who supports his wife in pursuing her dreams and passions will greatly enhance their marriage. Well said, celebrity wife.”
- Penny Wise Store said, “A very hardworking woman and an understanding man. A good home with happy people.”
- Cecilia Akobun shared, “I like this woman. That’s the attitude. Where is she taking the boys to? Carry on with your load. People’s opinions don’t affect us.”
- Labus observed, “She is speaking with a sense of pain.”