A gifted young boy has captured the attention of many online with his impressive freestyle performance to the beat of the late rapper Dagrin’s hit song “Pon Pon Pon.”
Dagrin’s “Pon Pon Pon” was undoubtedly a sensation when it was released 13 years ago, and over the years, numerous rappers have attempted freestyles on this iconic track.
However, a recent freestyle by a remarkably talented young boy on the streets has generated widespread reactions online. Many were amazed to see such raw talent in such a young individual.
With effortless ease, the talented young boy hopped onto the “Pon Pon Pon” beat and left spectators astonished with the way he skillfully deconstructed the late singer’s instrumental.
He consistently delivered rapid rap verses in his native (Yoruba) language, reminiscent of the late Dagrin’s style. As a result, many couldn’t help but feel as if the singer had returned in a different form.
Watch the video below
Here are some reactions to the talented boy’s freestyle:
- @iamtrinityguy: Dagrin is back 😂😂❤️❤️❤️🙌🙌I feel you boy ❤️🔥.
- @mrpresidennnt: Please, someone needs to find this boy and help him hit it big real quick!!!!
- @randell_215: Hey, speak in English. All these Yoruba artists keep rapping in Yoruba as if everyone understands it.
- @hemjay2567: Gather here if you’ve watched it more than once ❤️🔥😂.
- @conleth_hills: Let’s hope Naira Marley doesn’t come across this!
- @_abisolagold.xx: The Yoruba music industry is thriving, don’t shout at me .
- @ego__oyibo280: That Dagrin beat is legendary, evergreen for rappers. RIP DAGRIN. By the way, may the envious ones and dodgy record labels like Marlin Records not discover you and cut your success short. Another star is on the rise 🙌.
- @omo_malay: At some point, I had to drop my phone and just vibe… who’s that rising star ⭐️🔥🔥🔥.