Actress Iyabo Ojo celebrated her 25-year journey in the entertainment industry by reflecting on her achievements. At 45 years old, she took to Instagram to proudly share her accomplishments since her debut in the movie industry a quarter of a century ago.
Iyabo Ojo recounted her path to fame, starting with her first English film, “Satanic,” released in 1998. She went on to mention that she made her entrance into the Yoruba film industry in 2002 with the movie “Baba Darijinwon,” which was produced by her fellow actor, Yinka Quadri.
Expressing her gratitude, she wrote, “It’s been 25 years on stage, and all I can say is God has been more than good to me. I started when I was 20 years old. My first role was in 1998 in a movie titled ‘Satanic,’ where I played Helen in an English-language film directed by Mr. Matthias. In 2002, I made my Yoruba-language debut in the movie ‘Baba Darijinwon,’ which was produced by Alhaji Yinka Quadri.”
I accomplished several milestones in my career:
- In 2004, I produced my first Yoruba movie, “Botife.”
- Moving forward, in 2013, I ventured into cinema production with my debut movie, “Arinzo.”
- Expanding my horizons, I produced my first English cinema film, “Silence,” in 2015.
- My social media journey took off in 2020 when I became a TikTok sensation.
- Alongside that, I also established myself as a professional brand influencer in the same year.
- The year 2022 marked my foray into the world of reality TV as I became a reality TV star.
- In 2023, I took on the role of a TV presenter, further diversifying my career.
- And last but not least, I tried my hand at directing with my first comedy skit series in 2023.
My journey in the entertainment industry has been a remarkable one. I’ve had the privilege of acting in more than 200 movies, producing over 20 Yoruba films, and creating over 10 English movies. I’m still actively involved in acting, producing, and now, I’ve expanded my horizons to TV presenting and directing. It’s a testament to the grace of God.
I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to the Almighty for His blessings, to my wonderful children for their unwavering love and understanding, and to all my incredible fans and loved ones around the world. I want to say thank you, because without your support and love, I might have given up a long time ago. May God bless us all and our endeavors.
See her post below
Naijalegit previously reported that Iyabo Ojo playfully declared skit maker Pastor Remote as “wanted” after he humorously snatched and ran off with her iconic black bonnet in a new skit they collaborated on.
In the skit, Pastor Remote approached Iyabo Ojo, who was seated in her car, and playfully delivered false prophecies about her. This led to a spirited exchange between Iyabo and Remote, with the actress vowing to go live and expose him as a fake man of God.
In an unexpected turn of events, Remote grabbed Iyabo’s famous black bonnet and made a run for it, prompting the actress to chase after him. Iyabo Ojo took to her social media platform to share the video and humorously declared Pastor Remote “wanted.” She added, “Wanted!!! Who knows his house address? Our national black bonnet stolen. I need a good lawyer too 😂🤣😅😅.”
You can watch the video on her social media page.