A Nigerian woman now laments her choice to support her partner who relocated abroad, only to be forgotten despite the shared memories.
Through her TikTok account, @proudlymotherof5, she revealed that when he left, she emptied her bank account to provide for him and his siblings.
However, he has since severed ties with her and failed to keep his promise of never forgetting her.
In another video, the woman expressed that the man had given N5 million to his friends while she struggled to pay her rent. She was baffled by how his newfound wealth had transformed him.
Before his departure, she recalled, “He assured me in Lagos, before leaving for the sea, that he would buy me a house, a car, help me start a business, and secure a visa for me. He even claimed he’d fall ill if he ever left me.”
Watch the video below for more details.
Social media users flooded the comment section with their thoughts. Here are some of the reactions:
- Peace-Ougenwood expressed, “The most agonizing thing in this world is betrayal. It’s so painful.”
- Success shared, “Those ladies abroad are working and making money; that’s why some men tend to forget their partners in Nigeria. God will make a way for you, sis.”
- annnkemdilimvicto advised, “It’s painful… channel all your energy into your work or hustle and forget about him.”
- shukuratafolashad cautioned, “You should be cautious about trusting a man.”
- success beauty touch offered comfort, saying, “God will reward you with much more joy.”