Nigerian singer Davido has reportedly offered 2 million naira to the father of the late Nigerian singer, Mohbad.
On Tuesday, September 12, Davido, along with several other celebrities, expressed their condolences on social media following Mohbad’s passing. Mohbad was subsequently laid to rest in Ikorodu, Lagos State.
Social media influencer Dami Adenuga confirmed this development, stating, “Mohbad’s father just said Davido sent somebody to him with N2m. God bless Davido mehn.”
Many individuals have expressed their gratitude for Davido’s generous gesture in the comments section of the post. Here are some of the reactions:
- @somadina_arthur: “Thank you, Davido, please, the money should go to his wife. She has a little baby to take care of.”
- @CritiqueCrib: “Davido always seizes every opportunity to be generous, which is commendable. Let’s also remember the wife, whom they said the man’s family is trying to harm… please, protect her and be kind to her too!”
- @Neyoo06: “David shouldn’t just send money; please, be there for his son. Thank him for the money, but it shouldn’t stop there, please. Ensuring a bright future for that little Prince should be the priority now.”
- @desmag1: “Davido has really been making efforts in the industry. God bless him.”
- @holuwertozine: “Now that he has done this, many others will join and help. I love his initiative; he has always had a good heart.”