Entertainment Naija Celebrities

“Nigerian Man’s Car Catches Fire on Highway after Converting Petrol Engine to Gas, Fans Says ‘I Knew This Would Happen’ (Video)”

Written by fazazy39

After a car that had been converted to use gas caught fire and overheated significantly on a busy highway, concerns about the safety of such conversions were raised.

The video, originally shared on Michael Sunday’s official TikTok account, sparked a heated debate on social media platforms, focusing on the risks associated with converting traditional fuel-powered vehicles to gas using a cylinder.

The widely circulated video depicted the car engulfed in flames and emitting thick plumes of smoke as it struggled to maintain stability on the highway.

Concerned onlookers attempted to douse the intense flames by pouring water under the vehicle, underscoring the severity of the situation. In his accompanying caption, Michael Sunday, the individual who shared the video, issued a heartfelt plea to his fellow Nigerians, urging them not to convert their fuel-powered cars to gas with a cylinder installed underneath.

The incident serves as a reminder of the potential hazards involved in such conversions and has sparked discussions about the importance of safety precautions when modifying vehicles for alternative fuel sources.

Watch the video below:

The comment section was flooded with thoughts from social media users. Here are some of the reactions:

@Ayoo: “I knew this would happen!”

@Emmanuel akinwale: “I thought as much, the weather will not allow it.”

@user2091032306818: “This rush for CNG in cars will be justified during the heat season.”

@Oma Clean: “Does the fuel car not burn too?”

2023 Michigan State University Graduate Research Assistant @Cosmos: “Please convert it. It’s very useful.”

@Dera: “And the car na Toyota. This person must be a very stingy person.”

@hoyeh: “That thing is so bad, gas doesn’t want heat and pressure.”

About the author