MEANING OF EDUCATION?
Education means studying in order to obtain a deeper knowledge and understanding of a variety of subjects to be applied to daily life. Education is not just limited to just knowledge from books, but can also be obtained through practical experiences outside the classroom.
IMPORTANCE OF EDUCATION
1. Provides stability –Education provides stability in life, and it’s something that no one can ever take away. By being well educated and holding a college degree, you increase your chances for better career opportunities and open up new doors for yourself.
2. Provides financial security- In terms of stability, education also provides financial security, especially in today’s society. A good education tends to lead to a higher paying job as well as provide you with the skills needed to get there.
3. Needed for equality- In order for the entire world to become equal, it needs to start with education. If everyone was provided with the opportunities for education, then there would be fewer gaps between social classes. Everyone would be able to have an equal chance at higher-paying jobs- not just those that are already well off.
4. Allows for self-dependency- The importance of education is evident when it comes to being self-dependent. If we are well educated, then it’s something that belongs to us, and only us, allowing us to rely on no one else other than ourselves. It can allow you not to be financially independent, but also to make your own choices.
5. Make your dreams come true- If you can dream it, you can achieve it. Education is the most powerful weapon you can possibly have, and with it, you can make all of your dreams come true. perhaps if your dream is to become a medical medical doctor then it can be possible with education.
6. A safer world- Education is something that is not only needed on a personal level but also on a global level, as it’s something that keeps our world safe and makes it a more peaceful place. Education tends to teach people the difference between right and wrong and can help people to stay out of risky situations.
7. Confidence:– Being self-confident is a major part of being successful in life. And what better way to gain that confidence than with an education? Your level of education is often considered a way to prove your knowledge, and it can give you the confidence to express your opinions and speak your mind.
8. A part of society- In today’s society, having an education is considered a vital part of being accepted by those around you. Having an education is believed to make you a useful part of society, and can make you feel like a contributing member as well.
9. Economic growth on a national level:- An educated society is crucial for economic growth. We need people to continue to learn and research in order to constantly stay innovative. Countries with higher literacy rates also tend to be in better economic situations. With a more educated population, more employment opportunities are opened.
10. Can protect you:- Education can protect you more than you know, not only on a financial level, but it can help prevent you from being taken advantage of knowing how to read and write, such as knowing not to sign any bogus documents.
11. Logical reasoning:- When in an argument, if you aren’t well educated and don’t have your facts straight, then you are not likely to win. If you get upset about something, then being educated can also help you logically work through the situation and make sense of it, understanding all aspects.
12. Teaches value:- Values are taught through education! Education exists far beyond the classroom and exam. Its taught at home, through what our parents and peers show us, and although not necessarily written down somewhere, such a teaching method is still a large aspect of what education entails.
13.Makes you informed:- Education makes you informed about the world around you, what’s going on and what kind of people are around you. Education can help you be more self-aware about your strengths and weaknesses, showing you where to shift your focus.
14. Stay focused:- Education can help you stay focused and on track in the right direction by knowing what the right path is for you.
15. Allows for innovation and creativity:- When it comes to being creative, in any way, shape, or form, the mind can only really reach its full potential if it’s been fed with the knowledge it needs to think outside the box.
16. Develop life skills:-
Education is the foundation of basic life skills and street smarts. While education might sound like a fancy technical term, it’s really everything we learn in life about how to best conduct ourselves from day to day.
17. Freedom:- Education can be the most freeing and empowering thing in the entire world!
18. Education can create better human beings:- Education is the most powerful weapon which we can use to change the perspective of the world. An educated person knows how to deal with different types of problems. Through the right education, a person can develop good moral values. It helps us to become a good human being.
19. Makes this world a better place to live in:- Without educated people, this world can’t become a better place. That is why proper education is needed to turn this world into a better place. Hence, we can conclude that for the evolution of a country, there is a need for education.
20. Education teaches the ability to read and write:
Reading and writing is the first step in education. Most information is done by writing. Hence, the lack of writing skills means missing out a lot of information. Consequently, education makes people literate.
21. Education is extremely important for employment:
It certainly is a great opportunity to make a decent living. This is due to the skills of high paying jobs that education provides. Uneducated people are probably at a huge disadvantage when it comes to jobs. It seems like many poor people improve their lives with the help of education.
22. Better communication is yet another role in education: Education improves and refines the speech of a person. Furthermore, individuals also improve other means of communication with education.
23. Education makes an individual a better user of technology: Education certainly provides the technical skills necessary for using technology. Hence, without education, it would probably be difficult to handle modern machines.
24. People become more mature with the help of education: Sophistication enters the life of educated people, above all, education teaches the value of discipline to individuals. Educated people also realize the value of time much more. To educated people, time is equal to money.
25. Education enables individuals to express their views efficiently: Educated individuals can explain their opinion in a clear manner. Hence, educated people are quite likely to convince people to their points of view.
26. Education helps in spraying knowledge in society: This perhaps is the most noteworthy aspect of education. There is a quick propagation of knowledge in an educated society. Furthermore, there is a transfer of knowledge from one generation to another by education.
27. To gain respect from society: Education brings respect. there’s always a difference when an educated and uneducated man stands together, the respect is always different, this happens more when you travel to villages.
28. It helps in earning money and fulfilling the basic needs of life: Also, education will help to gain a reputation by being in a great position. It can help you grow in your career and fulfill your dreams. It also helps one to set personal and career goals.
29. Education is irrespective of caste, creed, and gender, by gaining knowledge people can stand out as equal with all the other persons from different caste and creed. It is a platform to prove equity by defeating all barriers.
30. People will become better citizens by education.
31. You will get to know the importance of voting only through education.
32. People can know the difference between good and bad.
33. It gives an opportunity to learn different languages other than the mother tongue and the ability to survive anywhere in the entire world.
34. Education provides you a sense to judge people in the basics of work rather than cast, creed, and gender. Also, you can break the shackles of prejudice in society by getting the right education.
45. Education is a way to win to this world. It is to have a deep thought about something and understanding the reason behind it.
15 WAYS TO BRING THE JOY BACK TO YOUR CLASSROOM
There is always this great satisfaction I believe we get whenever we see our students joyful. No teacher would like to get into a classroom and see the students looking all surly and disinterested. Not for a profession where people put in huge efforts and do such crucial work.
We all wish to have more joy and less struggle in our interactions with those we are trying to nurture but it’s not easy as it sounds. Joy is something that should be created and incorporated into them as much as possible.
That said, here are 15 ways you might find useful whenever you are stressed, uncertain, or in great difficulty to bring back joy into your classroom;
Togetherness and harmless fraternity brings about trust and interdependence and can lead to joy. Engage them with activities that will involve making decisions together or making researches. Dividing them into groups also helps.
2. YOU DON’T HAVE TO GRADE EVERYTHING
This is something most teachers make mistakes in. Stop trying to grade and record every exercise/assessment you give to them to avoid unhealthy competitions amongst them. It’s always fun to have them trying to compare and contrast and tease one another. Believe me, they will learn and also have fun.
3. GIVE OPTIONAL WORK
Homework is a good example.
Of course, giving more assignments doesn’t seem like it’d lead to joy but the idea is that they will have the opportunity to grow and improve. They can decide to understand more about things they are curious about or have passion for. In conclusion, optional work is a kind of freedom to grow and expand one’s knowledge.
4. IDENTIFY EACH CHILD’S NEEDS
Some students are smart (very), some are in average positions, some find it difficult to easily grasp what has been taught while some are fragile and need to be handled with utmost care. Do not leave any child behind, desist from ignoring the ones who barely answer questions or mostly gets nothing in his grades, and give your full concentration on their counterparts. It’s not always easy to know what they need and when for every child is on their own schedule no matter how much you push. Have a big heart and give all a chance to grow.
5. TEACH WITH MINDFULNESS
Among other ideas, mindfulness is about paying attention on purpose to the present moment. Once in awhile try to have a meditation period to allow them to assimilate and bring their five senses to life.
6. READ OUT LOUD AND CLEAR
There’s always this joy derived from being read to. From short stories to picture books, essays or plays. Reading funny, interesting, heart-warming things and imitating actions where necessary is a simple way to bring joy back into your classroom.
7. LET YOUR CLASSROOM BECOME A SAFE PLACE
As much as you can, make your classroom safe from bullying, sarcastic remarks that might hurt your student’s feelings. Try to introduce laughter, humility, conversation, and growth for better learning.
Give the students tasks that will push them, not just to test them. By doing this, they will strive to be the best and you can also give them gifts and rewards to make it all the fun.
9. DANCE BREAKS
Sometimes, in between classes, pitch in a song to buttress a point or to relieve stress and restlessness if noticed.
10. INTRODUCE HUMOUR
Tell jokes. Laugh TOO. Tell funny stories, poems, and plays either fictional or your personal story.
11. CONSIDER GIVING ADDITIVE GRADES
Embedded in the idea of additive grading is hope for students who might have been performing poorly. While teaching, you might ask a difficult question and award a little mark to whoever or it might be something you have once asked in the classroom and they seem to have forgotten. With this alternative to ‘regular’ grading, students have the chance to always be adding to their grade.
12. TEACH STUDENTS HOW TO HAVE A CONVERSATION
One way to bring joy back into your classroom is to teach students how to have a conversation by teaching them to truly listen to one another. You can give them topics and have them come out to the front of the class to teach and explain to everyone. This would boost their confidence, encourage them to work harder,more connected to one another, and of course, you could always correct.
13. TELL PERSONAL STORIES
Students (especially older ones) love to hear about their teachers’ life, but be careful. They are always curious to know how well you did when you were in school. If you were smart, rebellious, ever bullied? and so on, and then compare it theirs. They would want to know your about your life aside from being a teacher but remember that boundaries are important and oversharing is a real concern. The idea is not to share deeply personal and shadowy secrets but ones that do not deviate from the acceptable norms.
14. MAXIMIZE TIME
When students struggle to understand a topic, look at it as a way of refining your craft. Slowing down and reflecting can help to restore joy. You can improve the lesson by breaking it down, and reteach it in the next class.
15. GIVE STUDENTS CHOICE
Once in a while, allow your students to decide how they want things. Like deciding on the topic they want to study,if they would want any other activities included. This would give them a sense of being important.
In conclusion, quoting Amita Puri, Ph.D. “embark on the journey of making education a joyful experience. What happens inside schools has a deep and lasting effect on the student’s mindset that develops towards lifelong learning. A teacher affects eternity and one can never tell when his influence stops”.
NEWS2 weeks ago
Six people have been arrested by the EFCC in Enugu for alleged internet fraud
NEWS2 weeks ago
A South African woman sets a Guinness World Record by giving birth to ten children (Photo)
NEWS2 weeks ago
BREAKING: Bauchi Governor Fires 21 Commissioners, Top Officials
ENTERTAINMENT GIST3 weeks ago
Big Brother didn’t help my life – Tacha Said
ENTERTAINMENT GIST2 weeks ago
Marry Chioma Within 21 Days Or… Uche Maduawgu Tells Davido
ENTERTAINMENT GIST1 week ago
June 12: Comedian, Mr Macaroni joins Democracy Day protest in Lagos
NEWS1 week ago
Full speech of President Buhari’s Democracy Day address June 12, 2021
NEWS2 weeks ago
BREAKING: Prophet T.B. Joshua is dead, Church says