An Instagram blogger, Samuel Olatunji, recently shared a throwback video capturing the joyful celebration of the Ekiti people when an aircraft landed in their state for the first time. Samuel revealed that it has been a year since that aircraft touched down at Ekiti airport and since then, no other plane has landed there. He mentioned that Ekiti people celebrated this event by sewing Asobi Ebi.
This post stirred reactions, with Lateef Adedimeji’s wife, Adebimpe Oyebade, questioning him about making such a bold statement regarding the Ekiti people.
She expressed her disbelief and asked how he dared to talk about them in that manner.
Adebimpe Oyebade, who hails from Ekiti State and comes from a royal family in the state, was taken aback by Samuel Olatunji’s post. She questioned him for making such a bold statement regarding Ekiti people and their celebration of the first aircraft landing at Ekiti Airport.
The post had stated that it had been a year since the aircraft landed, and no other plane had touched down at the airport.
Adebimpe Oyebade’s response on the matter sparked a range of reactions from people on social media. Some defended Ekiti people, while others found humor in the situation. Here are some of the reactions:
- “How dare you talk about us like this biggy 😮😳😡”
- “Wetin we Ekiti people do u now 😂😂😂,We are still working on it and it will start work in full real soon 😂😂😂😂👏👏.”
- “Habba! Big Sam, is this how you gonna pay your loyal fan back @ least we see something”
- “Iyen ilumi na Weldon oh 😢why them to go wlc plane ✈️ with aso ebi ah Jesu 🤦🏽♂️.”
- “Wetin we do you now, the plane is flying from a very far place ni now and it will land tomorrow 😂😂😂 Ekiti kete my people.”