A video featuring Grammy Award-Winner Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, professionally known as Wizkid, and his first son, Boluwatife Balogun, at the singer’s mother’s wake-keeping service has elicited various reactions from netizens.
The funeral service for Wizkid’s mother, Mrs. Juliana Morayo Balogun, took place on October 13, 2023, at the Federal Palace Hotel in Lagos. The event was emotionally charged, with Wizkid visibly moved to tears.
Tragically, Wizkid lost his biological mother to death on August 18, 2023, and a candlelight procession in her memory was held on Wednesday night, October 11, 2023.
Following the wake-keeping service, a video featuring Wizkid and his first son, Boluwatife, became a trending topic online, sparking discussions about the apparent lack of a strong father-son connection between them.
Many observers noted that Bolu’s expression appeared to reflect a lack of affection, as he had to seek his father’s attention twice before the singer responded with a hug.
Here are some reactions from the video:
- ayo_mii_100: “God Abeg oo, the boy looked at him twice and waited for him to initiate the hugging 😏… can never be my favorite 😍 😂.”
- mizz.drea.21: “The reception to your first son is so cold! As a mom to two boys, this is sad! Bolu’s face😢 wow! GOD please bless this Bolu beyond any human understanding! Order his steps ABBA!”
- wizkidgirlfriend: “Stop this abeg! Just a 15 secs clip? Must y’all bloggers tell lies to your audience before you can gain cheap likes and their attention?”
- markposh_: “I don’t understand? He hugged and pecked him na. What do you people want him to do?”
- wizkidgirlfriend: “Stop this, nobody said anything, stop trying to create a negative narrative while he’s mourning his mom.”
- smookygram: “Let’s just say it as it is, Wizkid’s first and second son lacks a father figure and that fatherly love and bond between dad and son. I don’t know why he doesn’t show how much he loves the first and second son as much as he shows for Zion and the last one. Davido is a better daddy.”
- nosadeborah: “Chai…na lesson be this o…If a man no like you, if u like born for am, na the pikin, him go like.”
- phoenix_pearls_: “Is the boy not supposed to follow his entourage?. I don’t understand this video o 😮😢. He will most likely be so sad cos I’m sure the other one is inside the car with them driving off 😢. You don’t have to have a relationship with the mother but treat him specially, let him know he is special cos of who his father is. E no easy to say, ‘my papa nah Wizkid’ ☹️.”