Amaju Pinnick recently posted a video in which he called out singer Davido for his non-appearance at the 19th edition of Warri Again, despite being paid an excess of $94,600 (72.5 million Naira).
The former President of the NFF and member of the FIFA Organising Committee expressed his disappointment in Davido’s absence at the event, which was scheduled for Friday, October 6th.
According to Amaju, Davido was paid $94,600 for his performance at the event, and a chartered plane was arranged to transport him and his team to the state. He mentioned that the payment had been made since April 6th, 2023.
Davido, who was supposed to be the headline act, was replaced by Shallipopi, the singer of the hit song “Evien.”
Amaju Pinnick, while addressing the audience, expressed his profound dissatisfaction with Davido and declared that the “Feel” crooner would not be permitted to perform in Warri in the future. He accused Davido of arrogance and asserted that Burnaboy is a bigger artist than the DMW boss.
Here are some reactions:
- soro.soke.777701: Nigerians don’t deserve good leaders but wors¢… not everything should be viewed with sentiment. Let’s learn to criticize wrongdoing even if the person is close to us. Many gullible comments everywhere. There must have been discussions between the organizers and Davido’s team before sending the money, and if Davido couldn’t make it, he should have apologized in advance and refunded the money. It’s show business.
- emprince_million: OBO should take the money and donate it to an orphanage because they don’t help the poor.
- robinsonmathew001: All of you talking nonsense about Warri, there’s no place in Nigeria better than Warri for someone to live peacefully. They say Warri people are stubborn, but that’s what makes Warri unique. Warri doesn’t tolerate nonsense, and it’s that stubbornness that sets Warri apart. There’s no state in Nigeria as comfortable as Delta State.
- syblinksnation: I’ve never heard of Davido disappointing before. He’s a man.
- beemic27: Burna is the biggest artist in Africa, and he went ahead to pay Davido to perform. 😂😂😂 This man is not making sense at all…