Nigerian actress and entrepreneur, Iyabo Ojo, playfully teased her colleague as she celebrated her 43rd birthday.
In a heartfelt message, Iyabo Ojo shared photos of Toyin Abraham and affectionately referred to her as ‘Asiwaju Baby.’
She wrote, “Happy birthday, World-best, aka Asiwaju baby 😂😂 @toyin_abraham, you know I love you so much, girl, no long talk, more success, stay happy & keep winning, I’m super proud of you ❤️ …… #malaikathemovie to the world 🌍 #comingsoon”
Iyabo Ojo playfully used the term “Asiwaju Baby” in reference to Toyin Abraham’s strong support for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu during the 2023 election.
It’s worth noting that Iyabo Ojo openly supported the Labour Party candidate, Peter Obi, despite the fact that many celebrities in the Yoruba movie industry supported Tinubu. These diverse political affiliations and choices have led to discussions, debates, and controversies among themselves, their fans, and followers.
Reactions poured in following Iyabo Ojo’s birthday wishes to Toyin Abraham, sparking discussions among their fans and followers. Here are some of the responses:
- “It’s the Asiwaju baby for me 😂😂😂 Queen mother na real cruise 😂😍.”
- “Asiwaju daughter respectfully 😂😂😂.”
- “I can’t trade aunty iyabo for anything when u are big u are big, happy birthday to you Toyin, more years darling.”
- “Cruise ma’am 😂😂😂😂 Happy birthday mum Ire.”
- “Yes ooo real Asiwaju baby.”
- “Awon eleyii with the pure ❤️. I love @iyaboojofespris. Happy birthday @toyin_abraham.”
Temitope Ajeyemi, the stepdaughter of Nigerian actress Toyin Abraham, also took to social media to express her admiration for Toyin on her birthday. In her Instagram post, she praised Toyin and offered heartfelt birthday wishes.